Little ol' me

Little ol' me

Friday 19 November 2010

Cocktails, Coursework and All You Can Eat

Well, I've had a busy few days! Tuesday was the other half's 25th birthday. We all teased him about being a quarter of a century. No doubt he'll get his own back on me in a few years time. To celebrate, we popped down to the local Weatherspoons after he finished work for a few drinks. Since I was driving I only had the one to toast him, and he ended up having a pitcher of blue lagoon cocktail all to himself.

He seems partial to these cocktails, but he's more of a larger drinker and doesn't handle spirits all to well. And he paid the extra for the double shots of vdoka! When we got back he curled up on the sofa, hands between his knees and closed his eyes. Me and his mate (drunk on a mix of amaretto and stolen blue lagoon from the pitcher) were starving but had to wait for him to feel better before we could order take-out. He couldn't decide what to have that wouldnt make him sick so settled for putting a DVD on...why do things seem logical when you're under the influence?!?!

I went to bed early as I had an early start, but found him at 6am fast alseep on the sofa cuddling a cushion, Iron Man 2 going unwatched on the telly. I hated to disturb him but knew he'd complain about a crick in his neck all day if he stayed there, though it is funny to wake drunk people up.

The next day was the eventful one. After taking his hungover mate to work at 10am, we had to drive to Willenhall to pick up a part for his broken scooter, drop that back to the person fixing the bike, and finally go food shopping. Time I was doing coursework he decided to actually finish watching Iron Man 2, and promptly fell asleep 20minutes into it. I won't go into details about the film for those of you who haven't seen it, but I shall say after a good build up with some good action, that last fight is over way to quickly and is a disappointing abrupt end. I did rather enjoy Mickey Rouke's part, and admired his thick Russian accent. I still believe he looks better when he's bulked up, like he did for Expendables. The extra muscle suits him more.

After the film, we had to run back down to the mate who's fixing his bike as we forgot to give him the spark plug! Took the dog this time and had a cup of tea while she played with his dog, which is her sister so playing gets quite rough. Wednesday evening, after Sleeping Beauty had woken up after his second nap and I had manically sat typing up my coursework, we went for a meal with his family to a Asian all you can eat restaurant. He loves his Indian, I love my chinese.
I did have plans to dress up a bit and do something with my hair, but I forgot I had to walk the dog and so ran out of time. Throughly enjoyed the meal, came home feeling stuffed fit to bursting!

There wasn't a lot to chose from in the chinese section, primarily sweet and sour...which I adore!!! Though a bit more variety would have been nice.

At the end of the meal the waiters came over and gave us girlies all a rose each (which we were delighted to discover was real!!) and helped us with our coats.
The future sis-in-law models her rose. We embarressed her by pointing out that was her first rose given to her by a man. Bless her. This reminds me..2 days later and I still haven't remembered to fetch mine out of the car! It's been so cold recently it's probably ok. I hope...

I would like to have been able to say next that Thursday was a bit more of a relaxing day...but I'd be wrong. A quick shopping trip, walking the dog and a lovely day of doing coursework :-( which I shall be off to finish momentarily.

All in all it was a good couple of days. Off to work tomorrow and then Sunday for more univeristy work. Oh I can't wait for the holidays and I'm hoping just for one day where I can sit back and put my feet up for a while without housework or coursework niggling at the back of my mind.

So, ta-ta for now. Have a good weekend to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment