Little ol' me

Little ol' me

Friday 18 March 2011

A quick catch up...

I've not written a post for a while and to be honest I've not really been upto much. Just the same routine, walking the dog, coursework, uni or work. I'm also trying to find time to make my nans mother's day present. Me and my aunt are doing a joint gift and we've got a photo album that we're putting old and favourite photos in.

The one exciting thing I have done was I drove a scooter for the first time. I love bikes and have been wanting a go on Colleys little 125cc for a while now. I only drove it on the grass round the flat and didnt get faster than probably 10 mile an hour but it was fun. It feels so fast when you're not encased in steel. I wouldn't think nothing of going 80 on the motorway in my car but on a bike you can actually feel the reality of the speed. I hope he lets me have another go. I would actually like to keep it in a straight line and put my feet on the rests this time!

I'm still working at good ol' Napoli, but have been giving my life a lot of thought recently.Considering what I would eventually like to do as a career I am hoping to get some related volunteer work by the end of the summer, and I would like a more professional job. Serving food is ok as a part-time job, but I'm 23 and I don't feel like I'm fulfilling my potential or even being challenged. The only problem is I don't have the experience or qualifications to apply for a more professional job. I'm going to have a look later and see what I can find but there is a job shortage and a major problem is the amount of people going for one job.

I can understand employers wanting someone with experience, but without someone giving us novice's a chance no-one can get any experience! I'm just a bit over eager to get out there an form a career I think. I'm impatient and i really want to be living the life I imagine myself living in about 5-10 years from now.

Well, hopefully next time I'll have something a bit more interesting to natter about!

No comments:

Post a Comment