Little ol' me

Little ol' me

Monday 21 February 2011

12 things I'd like to do before I'm 30...

Well, feeling like mush so not going into Uni today, seem to feel better when I'm warm and sitting still. I feel a bit bad as Im not as active as normal and not feeling upto playing with Carla. She seemed a little bored so i gave her her kong toy stuffed full of treats, and she said thank you by running off into the living room with it so I cant even watch her play! I'm quite settled in bed now. I'm trying to entice her back into the bedroom but I think she's ignoring me ....I'm just dreading hearing the crash of the TV breaking as she swings that thing about.

I was having a little hunt through stufff yesterday looking for something, and found a book I had forgotten about. It's a nice notepad in which I had wrote a list of my life plans and what I wanted to achieve. My career plans have changed now so I had to ammend those as I've found out profiling isn't really an English thing and if you do get a chance to do one, it doesn't pay. But reading that list got me thinking about how much of those ambitions I would like to see achieved by the time I'm 30, which is only 7 years away now, and time goes so quickly. So here's a list of what I would like to have done by the big 3-0 bitrthday:

  1. Completed my undergraduate degree
  2. Started working for the HM Prison Service
  3. Started my Masters degree in Investigative and Forensic Psychology
  4. Moved into our first house
  5. Gotten married
  6. Skydived
  7. Visited China and Japan
  8. Run the 10K race for life every year, starting in 2011 (and hopefully without to much struggle!)
  9. Have a journal article published in a Psychological Journal
  10. Started writing a book
  11. Crowd surfed at a gig (which Ive still not done but it looks like so much fun)
  12. Learnt a martial art (I am currently a yellow belt in Jiu Jitsu but it's been so long since I've been I don't feel I deserve it anymore).
So that is actually quite alot to try and acomplish in 7 years, but even if I can tick half of those things of my list I'll be happy.

When I was in high school and looked forward into the future I thought I would have done a lot more by now. I pictured myself in a successful job, with my own house. But things pop up that you don't expect. I didn't feel ready to go straight into Uni when I moved to the West Midlands at 18, and I believe it would have been a mistake if I had ignored those feelings and gone for it anyway. It would have been a whole different experience; a different uni, different people, a lot further to travel and probably a whole lot more stressful. I feel I can handle it all much better now. But it's funny how life does turn out. You can make all these plans and daydream about what you want to be doing in 5, 10, 15 years time, but how often does it work out exactly like you imagined? Rarely is probably the answer for alot of people. You never know what opportunities are around the corner.

Well I hope that's got you thinking about what you'd like to get acomplished. Carla's back in the chair next to the bed now, looking a bit tubby. When I feel better she can come with me on my runs, get us both into shape for race for life this year. I'd best go be productive since I'm not going into Uni. Get some more work done.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment