Little ol' me

Little ol' me

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Day One

Hi Everyone,

Since this my first post I suppose I'd best start with a bit of an introduction. My name's Sarah, and I'm a 22 year old, second year Psychology and Criminal Behaviour student.

A lot of people seem a bit confused or scared when you say the words "Psychology and Criminal Behaviour" and one of the most annoying things is when you tell someone you study Psychology and they tell you to read their mind. First of all, thats called telepathy! Secondly, Psychology studies our behaviour, and how our environment and others can have an affect. We study the mind to, that's obviously very important, but also very boring at times.

The field of Psychology I enjoy the most has to be Personality and Criminal Behaviour. My dream is to be an offender profiler, working with the police and creating a profile of offenders based on clues at the crime scene. Unfortunatly it's only really a career in the US, the police force over here in the UK doesn't really take it as seriously as the FBI :-( I'd also love to work with people with severe personality disorders, such as schizophrenics or obsessive compulsives. How badly wrong our brains can go fascinates me, especially the impact it can have on behaviour.

On a lighter note, I also adore animals and volunteer when I can at my local zoo. I've learnt alot from being there and get to take part in all sorts of exciting events. Recently I helped out with a "Horror Halloween" event where I got to jump out at people, covered in fake blood, and generally scare the living daylights out of them. At the minute we (me and my fiance...oh yeah...I'm engaged lol!) own a staffordshire bull terrier cross (with english bull terrier) named Carla, a bearded dragon (Spike) and two guinea pigs (Patch and Streak). I find it a nice break to come home from studying people all day to animals who give you unconditional love and attention, no matter your flaws (as long as you treat it right of course!).

Music wise, I'm into my classic rock and metal, such as Def Leppard, Whitesnake, ZZ Top, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold. Metallica, Korn, Rob Zombie, Wednesday 13, Murderdolls, Slipknot, Black Sabbath, Queen, Meatloaf etc... We try and get to Download Festival as often as we can, it's where we met and we consider it our anniversay, plus you get such a wide variety of people and music, gorgeous (but expensive) food and a cool market. It's not often we get to gigs now-a-days because of money and work, but we try and go to one a year at least!

Well, that's a general bit about me. Now this week's been one of those weeks. To start with, I woke up the other morning and tried to put my trousers on before my underwear. It may be a look Superman considers fashionable but I don't think it's really me. At that point I knew it was time to get back to bed really and try again, but Carla was whining to go out so I just had to sort myself out and get on with the day.
It didn't go to bad until the next day when I spent ages cooking a roast chicken dinner, just to burn the yorkshire puddings at the end! Not to mention all the things I've bumped into, tripped over and dropped.

On the good side I managed to finish one lot of coursework and get that submitted yesterday. I should really be doing the second piece now but sod it, I'll do it later. I burnt my brownies to the pan earlier and now I'm sulking as I was looking forward to them. Nothing worse than burnt chocolate! Carla's stretched out across my lap fast asleep. She's cute until she dreams then her eyes roll back, she twitches and just looks evil! Though it is funny when she barks and wakes herself up.

Well, thats enough babbling for now. I shall post more soon no doubt, but after I've finished that coursework!
Bye
x
Me and Carla at Halloween Party

No comments:

Post a Comment