Little ol' me

Little ol' me

Friday 4 March 2011

nearly spring!

I was walking Carla today and I noticed that the snowdrops are out and the daffodils are starting to bloom...it's nearly spring! I love spring and summer, the worlds full of colour and the weather always puts me in a good mood. Springs a good time to start resolutions aswell.
In the new year it's still wintery and cold, no-one feels much like being active and resolutions fade fast. But spring is a time of change in nature and it's the perfect time to start resolutions according to psychologists. We're in the right mindset and it's a good time to start gentle exercises to get our bodies ready for being more physically active. No-one wants to do a lot in winter, especially me, it's cold outside and I'm always warm and snuggled under a blanket. But spring and summer bring the warm weather and everyone wants to get outside and do something, even if it's just a walk or playing frisbee in the park.
I love going to festivals. Though i can't afford to this year so I'm planning lots of drives to parks/beaches etc and having picnics. I can take Carla then and get her out and about.

I usually make loads of plans for the summer but then can't do them as I'm either working to much and don't have the time or not working at all and don't have the money. This year I'm in a job that really doesn't overload me with hours in the holidays, no matter how much I beg for them, so I might have the perfect balance of time and money. Plus, with the warmer weather on the way, the car boots are starting again. I've already done a clear out and got a lot of stuff I can get rid of. Just hopefully I can sell it all!.

I'd also like to go away for a day or two, somewhere in the country where we can take Carla and relax for a bit. Hopefully colley will get some days off, he does have a week at the beginning of June, but I dont want that to be the only week we have to enjoy the summer! He usually works about 6 days a week and I feel bad filling his day off with activites. I'm just like him, after working 6 days I'd like a day to lie in and do nothing.

Also, I have to start working on my dissertation over the summer. But I want a nice balance between work, coursework and summer fun. I'm still young and determined to enjoy life as much as possible while I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment