Little ol' me

Little ol' me

Friday 25 March 2011

Took a quick break from university work to give you all an update.

Well, work's the same. Had a rude customer the other day who managd to reduce me to tears but Im carrying on. Still applying for other jobs, though I didn't get the museum waitress one or heard back from the office assistant. And still no response from the probation service about my voluntary stuff. Guess Ive not got that either then!

As for Uni, well, I'm getting there slowly on the work. One piece of coursework is about 2 thirds done now, just the hardest piece left, and Ive not started the other one yet, yet alone the presentation or revision. It all seems a bit overwhelming this semester. I am contributing to the psychology society bake sale on the 11th April which will be fun. Im making my lovely chocolate brownies and victoria sponge cake.

Now for the rest of my life. Carla's been good today, made a lot of progress in learing to roll over. She still needs work on obeying commands when you're not standing right next to her but getting there slowly. But as for the other behaviour...hmmm. Her dominance problems is still there, and probably getting worse. She pinned another 2 dogs the other day. One was a jack russell that was aggressive and biting a lot. The owner picked it up, it bit him and he tried to blame Carla for doing it. Thing is, the bite was tiny and not in an area she could have reached. His dog could have though as he held it up in his arms. And plus, if you get bit by a staffy then you'll be saying a bit more than "ow..oh bugger." I got hold of a dog psychologist now though and he's coming over tuesday for a consultation with us, which i am excited about. We took Carla to see her sister the other day and she's always been the one dog she loved and would play with, but she pinned her and started growling at her! The teeth came out aswell so we had to pull her away. Im hoping this guy can help as i dont think its fair for her to be stuck on the lead when we go on a walk. everyone elses dogs on the nature reserve dont come over and pin others dogs. they get to run around, play and interact with other dogs. my goal is to be able to walk Carla like that and be able to trust her by the end of the year.

The weathers been gorgeous lately. We've been sat outside today; me typing up my coursework and Carla sniffin and sunbathing, with her lead wrapped around my ankle though! Spring and summer do generally make me happy. Springs a time of change and i do want to make a resolution to be healthier and do my best to get my skin clear. I was doing well the other week but i have slipped a bit. In order to maintain clear skin I seem to have to drink over a litre of water a day and use the facial scrub a minimum of twice a day. that doesnt sound hard to do but when i get back from work i tend to just collapse into my pjs and snuggle into bed; when im on a close that is, and i always seem to be on a bloomin close recently. i will make sure i do my best this week though. i hate being 23 and having spots.

i shall update after tuesday with news of dog psychology and any progress with Carla!

No comments:

Post a Comment